1. ANGER MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP. This workshop is primarily for women and men who inappropriately express their anger toward strangers (eg. road rage, bar fights). The workshop is conducted in a group setting. An individual format/fee is also available. Could be used for “diversion” purposes. The workshop is also available via Skype. Instructor: Dr. Jerry Arthur-Wong, RCC
Workshop date: June 22 (Sat) Workshop Fee: $60.00
2. ANGER MANAGEMENT COURSE. A positive approach to dealing with conflict and anger in a healthy way. (See course outline on a separate page.) Focuses upon assisting men through these periods in a supportive non-judgmental fashion. The course is conducted in a group setting. Women may also take the course. Individual and couple formats/fees are also available. The course is also available via Skype. Instructor: Dr. Jerry Arthur-Wong, RCC. For inquiries about the course, email the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
First session: May 7 (Tues) weekly 9 sessions Course Fee: $160.00
3. RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS COUNSELLING. Eight individual counselling sessions focusing on developing healthier relationships through exploration of topics including self-esteem, attitudes toward women, sex and intimacy, alcohol and drugs in relationships, boundaries, empathy, listening skills, conflict resolution, and assertiveness. Counsellor: Dr. Jerry Arthur-Wong, RCC
Cost: sliding scale
4. ENDING PARTNER ABUSE. This 26-session course is for individuals with ongoing or long-standing difficulties with anger and aggression in intimate relationships. Topics covered include forms of abuse, power and control, gender roles, non-threatening behaviour, respect, trust and support, honesty and accountability, and negotiation and fairness. Individual format. The course is also available via Skype. Instructor: Dr. Jerry Arthur-Wong, RCC
Course day/time: to be arranged Course Fee: $780.00 ($30 per session)
5. FATHERS WITHOUT CUSTODY/ACCESS. A support group to help men who have limited or no contact with their child(ren). Discussion of issues of loss, anger, confusion, dissatisfaction with the legal system, allegations of spousal or sexual abuse, and effective ways for coping with these stresses.
Group Drop-in Meetings: Mondays 6: 30pm to 7: 30pm Cost: donation
**** ACCESS DENIAL: To view an excellent video on one father's challenge go to www.youtube.com and type in "angelina ongoing abuse."
**** ACCESS DENIAL: To read an article and view videos on access denial go to www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/gopublic/
**** The provincial government of BC solicited feedback on its Family Law White Paper. To read it go to www.ag.gov.bc.ca/legislation
**** The provincial government of BC is proposing changes to the Family Relations Act. Read Bill 16 at www.leg.bc.ca/39th4th/1st_read/gov16-1.htm
**** Fathers in court: www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/fighting-for-fathers/1191010962001
**** Parental Abductions: http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/parental-abductions-go-unpunished-canadian-dads-say